Leaky Gut Syndrome Specialist in NYC
Disease Begins in the Gut | Open the Door to Good Health
Leaky gut syndrome is not a condition generally recognized by conventional physicians but evidence is accumulating that it is a real condition that affects the lining of the intestines, your risk for autoimmune disease and, ultimately, your overall health.
Leaky gut, also known as increased intestinal permeability, is a condition in which the lining of the small intestine becomes damaged causing undigested food particles, toxic waste products and bacteria to “leak” through the intestines and flood the blood stream.
Symptoms of Leaky Gut
- Feeling sluggish or tired
- Frequent indigestion, heartburn, bloating and gas
- Sensitivities to certain foods, even ones you have enjoyed without incident for years
- Persistent “brain fog” characterized by a cloudy memory and lack of focus
- Changes in your skin such as dark circles under your eyes or inflamed skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne
- Seasonal allergies or asthma
- Hormonal imbalances
- Diagnosis of candida overgrowth
- Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
Causes of Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Poor diet
- Chronic stress
- Toxin overload
- Bacterial imbalance
How Do You Fix Leaky Gut Syndrome
In functional, holistic medicine, we look at the underlying, root cause of a condition and address with a patient-centered focus. We evaluate lifestyle factors, environment, genetics, and history, and address individual aspects with a systems-oriented approach.
Unlike most modern physicians, we don’t turn to prescription medications as a first resort. Our goal is to not only heal you naturally but to identify what is really causing your issue. For instance, most modern physicians would prescribe prescription strength corticosteriod cream for patients with dermatitis or the inflammation of the skin. At Mitchell Medical Group, we don’t treat the symptom which is dermatitis, we seek to treat the root cause of the dermatitis.
In many cases, leaky gut syndrome is the root cause for many problematic conditions.
The American Autoimmune Related Disease Association estimates that 50 million Americans currently have autoimmune conditions. Studies are starting to indicate that the root cause of many of these conditions including allergies, asthma, chronic fatigue, skin conditions and candida stem from leaky gut syndrome.
Leaky gut syndrome, left untreated, can leave you exposed to lifelong risk of excessive inflammatory response and a predisposition to autoimmune disease.
DID YOU KNOW?
Rate of chronic health conditions among U.S. children rose almost 15% between 1994 and 2006 with the largest growth among conditions believed to have an autoimmune link such as obesity, asthma, and behavior and learning problems. (Journal of American Medical Association)
Blood test analyses prove that young people are 5 times more likely to have celiac disease today than their peers in the 1950s. (New York Times)
Food allergies among children increased 50% between 1997 and 2011.
What unites all of these – chronic systemic inflammation due to leaky gut syndrome.
If you think you suffer from leaky gut syndrome call today to schedule your consultation with Dr. Mitchell at our Manhattan or Long Island functional medical office.
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Children's Allergies
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Vaginitis
- Chronic Hives
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- IV Vitamin Therapy
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Medical Marijuana
- Thyroid Optimization
- Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome Treatment
- Trigger Point
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified Immunologist
- Proven Holistic & Natural Treatments
- Leading Expert in Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Original 3-Step Treatment Process
- Specialize in Solving Tough, Difficult Cases
- Focus on Treating Whole Patient, Not Just Specific Organ
- Treatment Using IV Vitamin Therapy
- Trains Physicians Across U.S. on Allergy Drops