Holistic Liver Detoxification in NYC
Your liver performs many functions that are essential to your health and well-being. It regulates the composition of your blood, removes toxins from it, and processes the nutrients into forms that can be used by the body. it also creates things like vitamin A and cholesterol. Here at Mitchell Medical Group, we understand the importance of a healthy liver, which is why we offer our holistic liver detoxification service. With our help, you can enjoy the benefits of having a liver that is operating at peak levels.
When Do You Need to Detoxify?
Here are a few telltale signs of liver damage. If you suffer from any of these, you may benefit from our holistic liver detoxification service:
- Bloating or abdominal discomfort: If you notice cramping in your lower abdomen or excess gas and bloating, it could be an early sign of liver problems.
- Fatigue: If you are suffering from chronic tiredness, it could be a sign of problems with your liver. This is because your liver is having to work harder to remove excess toxins from your body.
- Weight gain: If your liver is not working properly, your body will be unable to metabolize fat correctly. You may notice you are unable to lose weight, or that you are getting fat in places you never had before.
- Digestion issues: Digestion issues are another telltale sign of liver issues. If you seem to be having trouble digesting fatty foods, this can be an indicator of liver damage.
- Overheating and sweating: If you find you are constantly feeling too hot and are sweating excessively, this may be an indicator you are having problems with your liver.
- Pain or discomfort: If you have pain or discomfort in the right upper abdominal area under the rib cage, this could be liver pain.
What Can Cause Liver Damage?
Many conditions could cause damage to your liver, including:
- Hepatitis B: You can catch hepatitis B by coming into contact with the blood, open sores, or bodily fluids of someone who has contracted the virus. It is an infection in your liver and can cause scarring—and in some cases, it can also cause liver failure.
- Long-term alcohol use: If you drink alcohol excessively, it can cause severe damage to your liver over time.
- Malnutrition: Failure to get adequate nutrition can have an adverse effect on your liver.
Here at Mitchell Medical Group, we use a holistic process to come up with a unique liver detoxification program just for you. One of the key nutrients we give to patients through injections is the antioxidant glutathione. Glutathione has been shown in numerous studies to help improve liver function.
Get on the path to healthy living! Call us at 212-397-0157 today!