Top 10 Symptoms of Candida Overgrowth
How to Know if You Have Candida Yeast Overgrowth
& the Best Ways to Naturally Treat It
Are you constantly tired? Craving sweets? Suffer from constantly aching muscles? Unable to lose weight? Crippled by headaches?
If you are experiencing these symptoms and your doctor is at a loss to explain the reason why candida yeast overgrowth could be to blame. Candida, a yeast fungus, normally exists in small amounts in your mouth and intestines where it aids in digestion. In the right amounts, candida helps your body function correctly but when the levels increase it can become systemically damaging. However, many doctors have difficulty diagnosing candida overgrowth in both men and women.
Top 10 Symptoms of Candida Overgrowth
- Feeling tired, worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
- In men, a red rash, itching and burning on the penis. In women, vaginal itching, soreness, and redness; a white, clumpy discharge from the vagina; and painful or uncomfortable intercourse
- Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD, and brain fog
- Severe seasonal allergies
- Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
- Irritability, mood swings, anxiety or depression
- Digestive issues including bloating, constipation or diarrhea
- Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
- White coat on the tongue, redness or discomfort in the mouth, sore throat, difficulty swallowing or cracking at the corners of the mouth
- Skin and nail fungal infections which include athlete’s foot or toenail fungus
What is Candida?
Candida is a type of yeast. Normally, the healthy bacteria in the digestive tract balance the presence of Candida. However, many people have an overgrowth of Candida. If you suspect you may have an unbalanced digestive system, you can visit a holistic doctor like the ones at Mitchell Medical Group. We can help you explore lifestyle modifications that can treat yeast infection.
At Mitchell Medical Group, our doctors, Dr. Dean Mitchell, and Dr. Ricki Mitchell specialize in medically treating candida overgrowth with holistic, natural treatments. Learn about the top 10 symptoms of candida overgrowth or take our candida questionnaire to see if candida is causing your health problems.
Candida is Easy to Diagnose with a Simple Skin Test
NOW OFFERING DISCOUNTED VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS.
Give us a call at (212)397-0157 to schedule your virtual consultation with Dr. Mitchell!
Signs of Candida Yeast Overgrowth
Here is a more in-depth look at some of the most common symptoms of candida overgrowth:
Gastrointestinal symptoms are often the most specific signs of Candida overgrowth. You may need treatment for Candida if you suffer from persistent bloating, flatulence, and abdominal cramps. Constipation and diarrhea are also not uncommon symptoms among patients with yeast infections.
Imbalances of the body can have significant effects on the mind. If you have an overgrowth of Candida, you may find it difficult to concentrate at work or school. You may have trouble retaining information and thinking clearly.
Many people with yeast infections also report suffering from various mood disorders. These co-occurring disorders can include depressive disorders and anxiety disorders, including panic attacks. Unusual mood swings and irritability are other possible signs of an overgrowth of Candida.
Some people with Candida infections may also have dermatologic problems. They may report the signs of eczema, psoriasis, or hives. Candida albicans can result in abnormal skin rashes.
Let your naturopathic doctor know if you have a history of any recurrent infections, even if they do not seem to be related to Candida overgrowth. Excessive levels of Candida can affect the sinuses, causing congestion, post-nasal drip, sore throat, and sinus infections. Candida has also been linked to recurrent urinary tract infections. These may be indicated by pain in the pelvis, groin, or lower abdomen, pain during urination, pain during sexual intercourse, fever, and fatigue. Urinary tract infections commonly cause frequent urination, dark or bloody urine, and the sense of incomplete urination. Women with Candida are at a high risk of developing vaginal yeast infections, which are generally indicated by pain during urination and sexual intercourse. Women may suffer from vaginal inflammation, itching, and discharge.
If you remain exhausted or fatigued no matter how many hours you sleep, you may have chronic fatigue syndrome. This disease is characterized by a minimum of 6 months of constant fatigue and is ofted accompanied by other symptoms such as headaches, joint pain, difficulties with memory and concentration. Often one of the main symptoms of candida overgrowth is chronic fatigue. While candida is not the only cause of chronic fatigue many doctors believe it does increase the risk.
What Causes Candida Yeast Overgrowth?
Typically, the healthy bacteria in your gut keeps candida levels in check but there are a few factors that can cause the candida population to grow out of controal.
The most common causes of candida overgrowth include:
- Prescription medications such as antibitiotics
- High stress lifestyle
- Oral contraceptives
- Dietary choices such as eating a lot of refined sugars and carbohydrates
- Cancer treatments
- Oral corticosteroids
At Mitchell Medical Group, we offer holistic, natural treatments for candida overgrowth. Give us a call today at (212)397-0157 to schedule your consultation at our Manhattan or Long Island office or Request an Appointment online.
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Children's Allergies
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Vaginitis
- Chronic Hives
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- IV Vitamin Therapy
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Medical Marijuana
- Thyroid Optimization
- Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome Treatment
- Trigger Point
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified Immunologist
- Proven Holistic & Natural Treatments
- Leading Expert in Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Original 3-Step Treatment Process
- Specialize in Solving Tough, Difficult Cases
- Focus on Treating Whole Patient, Not Just Specific Organ
- Treatment Using IV Vitamin Therapy
- Trains Physicians Across U.S. on Allergy Drops