The Top 10 Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Are You at Risk for Chronic Fatigue?
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) affects many people across America and right here in New York City, but the name can be misleading. There are multiple symptoms that could indicate you or a loved one is fighting with CFS, and not all of them are directly related to sleep. If you’re experiencing chronic symptoms that aren’t explained by another diagnosis or can’t be tied to a busy schedule or recent illness, compare your symptoms to some of the most common manifestations of CFS patients of all ages.
These top 10 symptoms of CFS may help you understand your struggle, but please remember that this is not a complete list. We encourage you to call and make an appointment at Mitchell Medical Group for a personalized consultation and treatment options if you or a loved one suffers from CFS and it’s impacting your active and fulfilling lifestyle.
Common Symptoms of CFS
Here are the top 10 most common symptoms of CFS that our team at Mitchell Medical Group sees in CFS patients. If several of these symptoms match the chronic conditions you experience, it’s a good idea to visit us for a professional consultation tailored to your personal medical and health history.
- Trouble sleeping and chronic insomnia (or other sleep disorders)
- The ability to sleep, but not feeling rested or refreshed after waking up
- Trouble concentrating or remembering things during the day at work or school
- Chronic muscle pain and soreness, even without exercising
- Joint pain in any part of the body, but without the usual redness or swelling caused by arthritis or other problems
- An unusual or frequent headaches
- Tender or swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpits
- A frequent sore throat
- Dizziness when standing up or moving too quickly
- Extreme fatigue after moderate physical or mental activities that may last beyond 24 hours after the activity
Less Common Symptoms of CFS
The following symptoms are less common among CFS patients or may be caused by a variety of other health concerns. However, if you experience these symptoms alongside the top 10 symptoms of CFS, this could be an indication that it’s time to visit the Mitchell Medical Group for an evaluation from our board-certified doctors.
- Blurry vision or light sensitivity
- Numbness or a tingling sensation in your hands, feet, or face
- Mood swings or panic attacks and anxiety
- Night Sweats
- Chronic low body temperature or even a low fever temperature
- Irritable bowels without any changes to your usual diet
- Food sensitivity or allergic reactions you haven’t had before, especially after consuming alcohol, chemical ingredients, or prescription and over-the-counter medications
Even if you aren’t sure what’s causing your symptoms or other doctors have not been able to diagnose the problem, we believe you shouldn’t have to struggle alone or suffer from lower activity levels as a result of chronic fatigue.
What Puts You at Risk for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?
Viral infections, immune system problems, and hormonal imbalances can trigger the development of chronic fatigue symptoms. Because hypothyroidism can cause hormonal imbalances, you may be at a higher risk for chronic fatigue syndrome if you already suffer from hypothyroidism. Your hypothyroidism doctor can keep an eye on your symptoms to determine if you are at risk.
Other factors that may increase your risk of developing chronic fatigue syndrome include your age, sex, and the level of stress you are under. Chronic fatigue symptoms typically show up in people’s ’40s or 50’s. Women are much more likely to report symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome to their doctor and to seek treatment. High levels of stress and difficulty managing stress can also increase your risk of chronic fatigue.
Please contact the Mitchell Medical Group to schedule an appointment and take back control over your life. Our CFS patients have a range of effective treatment options available to them, so you can enjoy a full and active life with help from our medical team!
Schedule a Consultation
We have offices in midtown Manhattan and Rockville Centre in Long Island.
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified Immunologist
- Proven Holistic & Natural Treatments
- Leading Expert in Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Original 3-Step Treatment Process
- Specialize in Solving Tough, Difficult Cases
- Focus on Treating Whole Patient, Not Just Specific Organ
- Treatment Using IV Vitamin Therapy
- Trains Physicians Across U.S. on Allergy Drops