Everything You Need to Know About Fibromyalgia
Dr. Dean Mitchell & Dr. Ricki Mitchell Specialize in Treating Fibromyalgia
Medical Offices in NYC & Long Island
Struggling with any type of chronic pain is difficult, because the causes for pain are not always clear, so treatment may not be immediately effective. With fibromyalgia, patients may experience even more frustration through chronic pain, because this condition is often misdiagnosed and met with ineffective treatment options.
At Mitchell Medical Group, we have treated hundreds of patients in our NYC and Long Island offices with fibromyalgia and had significant success in helping them get their lives back!
SYMPTOMS OF FIBROMYALGIA
Fibromyalgia has a number of symptoms, most notably aching all over. Other symptoms include:
- Chronic muscle pain and spasms
- Muscle soreness
- Sleep disorders or insomnia
- Digestive problems, including irritable bowel syndrome
- Tension headaches and migraines
- Facial tenderness
- Debilitating fatigue and brain fog (sometimes called fibro fog)
- Sensitivity to light, odors, noise, medications or certain foods
- Limited ability to exercise
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome frequently co-exists with fibromyalgia, and shares many of the same symptoms
- Tender spots, body wide.
These spots are typically small, and noticeably more sensitive than the surrounding tissue. However, many people with fibromyalgia have pain body-wide, and no tender points
What is Fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is an extremely painful condition that involves fatigue, and muscle pain throughout the body. Approximately five million Americans, mostly women, suffer from fibromyalgia, but some doctors still believe it is simply a psychological disorder. This belief is dead wrong. We now know that people with fibromyalgia experience an increased sensitivity to pain—it seems there is some dysfunction in their pain processing centers. We do not know what causes fibromyalgia, but it’s believed to be a combination of genetics and environmental triggers, like stress, trauma, major surgery, or infection.
There are many common misconceptions about fibromyalgia, as this condition is not very well understood even within the medical community. There are no clear causes for fibromyalgia, and many doctors actually attribute the symptoms of fibromyalgia to psychological causes. In reality, fibromyalgia is a complex physical condition that can cause a wide range of disruptive symptoms.
What Makes Our Treatment Different?
Dr. Mitchell has studied extensively with Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, author of From Fatigue to Fantastic and the leading expert in fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue treatment. Our treatment is based on his S.H.I.N.E protocol and has proven very successful in treating patients with fibromyalgia.
The S.H.I.N.E protocol requires an in depth history to assess which areas may the key to a patient’s recovery:
- Sleep is a key factor in helping patients with both Fibromyalgia and Chronic fatigue. Through the use of sleep hygiene and natural supplements a good sleep can be achieved.
- Hormone balancing is critical especially in fatigue patients. The thyroid and adrenal glands produce key hormones that must be carefully evaluated and supplemented if a patient is deficient.
- Immune function is a critical factor for both these diseases. Our specialty in successfully treating Candida seems to be a big factor in our success with patients.
- Nutritional supplementation through oral, injections and I.V infusions have brought patients back to life.
- Exercise is also key in a sensible way to slowly get the body back to its prior level.
After doing our extensive testing checking immune markers and vitamin and mineral levels, we offer our patients our intensive 30 day protocol to reverse their symptoms. Our “Real Deal” program is based on protocols developed by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, the country’s leading expert in this area and someone we have worked extensively with to help our patients.
Why do Doctors Have Trouble Diagnosing Fibromyalgia?
Unfortunately many medical professionals still believe fibromyalgia is simply psychosomatic and not a real and devastating condition. As a result, many doctors struggle to accurately diagnose fibromyalgia and in many cases, like Joan’s, they visit multiple doctors with no relief from their pain. This is why you want to choose a doctor who specializes in treating fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and has a history of successfully helping patients relieve their pain and symptoms.
When Should You See a Doctor?
If you have suffered from the following symptoms for 6 weeks with no obvious cause for these issues please give us a call today to schedule your fibromyalgia consultation with Dr. Dean Mitchell or Dr. Ricki Mitchell at our midtown Manhattan or Long Island office.
- Widespread muscle tenderness and pain, particularly on both sides of the body and both above and below the waist
- Disturbed sleep (tossing, turning, waking up frequently during the night) and waking up feeling tired and unrested
- Muscle and joint stiffness that doesn’t get better when you move around
Dr. Dean Mitchell and Dr. Ricki Mitchell are leading immunologists specializing in treating fibromyalgia and chronic pain. We have a proven sucess record and have treated hundreds of patients suffering with fibromyalgia.
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Children's Allergies
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Vaginitis
- Chronic Hives
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- IV Vitamin Therapy
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Medical Marijuana
- Thyroid Optimization
- Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome Treatment
- Trigger Point
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified Immunologist
- Proven Holistic & Natural Treatments
- Leading Expert in Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Original 3-Step Treatment Process
- Specialize in Solving Tough, Difficult Cases
- Focus on Treating Whole Patient, Not Just Specific Organ
- Treatment Using IV Vitamin Therapy
- Trains Physicians Across U.S. on Allergy Drops