About Allergies & Allergy Symptoms
An allergic reaction is what happens when your body’s immune system overreacts to a benign substance, such as tree pollen or pet dander. In other words, your body responds by going into attack mode against an agent that it erroneously perceives as threatening. When the body sounds this alarm, the immune system goes into self-protection mode – launching a vigorous and violent counterattack against potentially harmful intruders such as pollen grains, mold spores, dust mites, animal dander, foods or certain drugs.
Over time and by repeated exposure the body’s immune system can become “sensitized” so that the body will no longer tolerate a certain agent, even though it was fine when it was exposed to that agent before. This can be a frustrating and frightening concept.
When the body is introduced to the body’s immune system, the reaction comes out of nowhere.
Recent reports show that 54% of people between 5 and 59 years of age had a positive test to at least 1 allergen.
Mild allergy symptoms may include:
- Itchy, watery eyes
Moderate allergy symptoms may include:
- Difficulty breathing
Severe allergic reactions may include:
- Swelling of the throat making breathing extremely difficult (Anaphylaxis)
- Acute and chronic sinusitus
- Abdominal pain and / or cramps
- Dizziness or confusion
How do Doctors Test for Allergies?
At Mitchell Medical Group, we have a quick simple test to detect allergies. Once Dr. Mitchell has taken the patient’s history and performed the physical exam, he does a simple blood analysis to determine the specific allergy antibodies. It’s really that easy.
Some doctors still stick with pain scratch tests where the patient gets prodded and poked. But our blood analysis allows for precise diagnosis with only one blood draw.
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Children's Allergies
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Vaginitis
- Chronic Hives
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- IV Vitamin Therapy
- Leaky Gut Syndrome
- Medical Marijuana
- Thyroid Optimization
- Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome Treatment
- Trigger Point
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified Immunologist
- Proven Holistic & Natural Treatments
- Leading Expert in Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Original 3-Step Treatment Process
- Specialize in Solving Tough, Difficult Cases
- Focus on Treating Whole Patient, Not Just Specific Organ
- Treatment Using IV Vitamin Therapy
- Trains Physicians Across U.S. on Allergy Drops