Candida Treatment for Men in New York, NY
Both men and women can get a yeast infection, also known as candida or thrush. While male yeast infections are a less common occurrence, it is important to know the warning signs and symptoms to get proper treatment. Candida itself is a harmless yeast that lives on the body and skin of every person. At times, an overgrowth of this yeast can lead to a growth of fungus, causing a variety of symptoms both painful and uncomfortable.
At Mitchell Medical Group in New York, NY, we have the expertise to provide candida treatment for men with thrush, and we look forward to providing you with compassionate, discreet care. Give our office a call to schedule an appointment with one of our candida specialists.
Symptoms of Yeast Infections in Men
It is important to be aware of certain bodily changes that signal you may have a yeast infection. Be on the lookout for the following symptoms:
- Overly moist skin anywhere on the penis
- A thick, white substance found in the folds your skin (maybe near your circumcision area but is more commonly found on uncircumcised penises)
- Patches of shiny, white skin on the penis
- Burning, itching, or redness anywhere on the penis
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, schedule an appointment with Mitchell Medical Group today.
Common Causes of Candida in Men
Because candida is a natural yeast, it exists on everyone’s skin. It is important to be aware of common causes for male yeast infections so you can be better informed. Certain health conditions, diet, and other factors play an important role:
- An uncircumcised penis
- Using antibiotics for a long period of time; this reduces the number of healthy bacteria in your body
- Being overweight or obese
- Poor hygiene
- Poor diet
As with other health concerns, it is important to be vigilant if you think you have a yeast infection. While it is not considered a sexually transmitted disease, yeast infections can spread from person to person. A visit to Mitchell Medical Group will provide the solution to tame your overgrowth.
Schedule an Appointment
If you are concerned you may have a male yeast infection, schedule an appointment with our office. During your exam, a member of our experienced medical team will give you a full examination. In addition to a physical exam, we will discuss your symptoms and recent sexual history. Because a few symptoms of male yeast infections are similar to those of some sexually transmitted diseases, it is important to come in for an in-person exam to get a proper diagnosis.
As with any medical issue, we know it can be uncomfortable to go to the doctor to deal with a potential yeast infection. At Mitchell Medical Group in New York, NY, we place a strong emphasis on ensuring you are comfortable throughout your visit. Our team of doctors has years of combined experience in helping our patients get the best medical treatment possible. Solving your candida issue is as easy as coming to our office.
Call for comprehensive candida treatments for men at (212) 397-0157.
Why Choose Us?
- Board Certified Immunologist
- Proven Holistic & Natural Treatments
- Leading Expert in Sublingual Immunotherapy
- Original 3-Step Treatment Process
- Specialize in Solving Tough, Difficult Cases
- Focus on Treating Whole Patient, Not Just Specific Organ
- Treatment Using IV Vitamin Therapy
- Trains Physicians Across U.S. on Allergy Drops